Latest Update: Basketball Ireland Level 5 Guidance
Children are permitted to engage in non-contact outdoor training, but under the following strict conditions:
- Outdoor training must be non-contact
- Pod numbers are limited to 15 people, coaches are included in this number
- No mixing between pods
- Outdoor training must be supervised
- Those training must maintain social distancing of 2 metres at all times
- No equipment should be shared, this includes passing the ball
- Children may travel over 5km to take part in training
Basketball Ireland receives government restrictions guidance
Basketball Ireland has received guidance in relation to Tuesday’s government restrictions, which has been obtained by Sport Ireland.
Among those is confirmation that organised indoor training and sports summer camps can take place in multiple pods of 6, once sufficient space is available and strict public health protocols are in place.
Sporting events and matches can continue to be played behind closed doors, however the 6-person indoor participant restrictions do not apply to competition, events or tournaments. Full detailed restrictions can be found below.
MULROY HOOPS COVID INFORMATION SECTION
Pre-Return Information for parents and participantsInformation
Club GuidelinesClub Guidelines